After all the rich indulgences of the festive season, we’re opting for simplicity and ease this month. Good food, easily and quickly prepared with one simple instruction: just add salt!
Here’s a fish-dish-quickie from the divine Izelle Hoffman: Heavenly Hake Fillets.
Prep time 5min
Baking time 30min
- 4 Hake fillets
- 2g fine Oryx Desert salt
- 2g paprika
- 2g Harissa Spice
- 2g dried parsley
- 1ts olive oil
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 200’C
- Prepare the oven tray with non-stick spray
- Place frozen hake fillets on the oven tray and pop into the oven
- Remove from the oven after 10min and season by starting with the Oryx Desert salt, then paprika, harissa spice and lastly the dried parsley
- Place back into the oven for another 10minutes.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle with olive oil and bake for another 10 minutes till golden brown and crispy
- Best served with salad, vegetables or starch of choice