While a basic soup can be easy to make – they can like many other foods, be spoiled by too much salt.
Fixing salty soup:
1. Try adding an acid such as lemon juice, vinegar or wine. To balance the flavours
2. Dilute the liquid: add some more water to juices or stocks gradually, until the salt concentration is reduced.
3. Add starch: foods like potatoes, rice, noodles and pasta will absorb the salt, as well as help thicken the soup.
4. Add sugar: adding a few teaspoons of sugar will take the edge off the saltiness.
5. Soak bread: When bread soaks the water it will simultaneously absorb the salt.