‘When you eat a diet that’s optimally designed for your particular blood group, you’re able to resist life-threatening diseases such as cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes and liver failure much more easily as well as avoid many of the factors that cause rapid cell deterioration, thus slowing down the aging process,’ says Izelle Hoffman. ‘And I can personally say that since I started following the blood group diet, my body has been able to recover from operations and illness much more quickly than before.’ To learn more about Izelle and the blood group diet, read our previous blog post on Izelle.
We asked Izelle to share some special blood group type recipes with us and she came back with 4 WOW recipes especially created for optimal nutrition according to blood type. Here is her poached egg recipe for B type blood group:
Bloodgroup B: Poached Red pepper with beef and fresh coriander
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 1 medium size red pepper, preferably the female pepper (Did you know: The female pepper has 4 bumps where the male pepper has 3, and is rounder and sweeter)
- 2 eggs
- 100g of pre- cooked ground beef, seasoned to taste
- Oryx Desert Salt and Ground black pepper
- Fresh Coriander
- Pre heat oven to 200°C
- Cut the pepper in half, remove the seeds and clean it out
- Arrange the pepper halves on an oven tray
- Scoop the mince into the 2 halves and use a spoon to create a small hole big enough to hold an egg
- Crack each of the eggs into a small bowl, then spoon the yolks and as much egg white as the pepper can hold.
- Add salt and ground black pepper on top of the eggs to taste.
- Place the oven pan in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes
- Sprinkle with paprika and finish off with fresh coriander on top
- Serve warm