Thank you to the Jackie Cameron School of Food of Wine for this fabulous recipe! Now you can make your own smoky spare ribs at home with all the pleasures of homemade smoky sauce – just add a twist of Smoked Oryx Desert Salt for that final smoked touch!
Half a cup Soya Sauce, Kikkoman
Half a cup Honey
Half a cup Maple Syrup (this can be replaced with honey)
8 minced Garlic cloves
1. Season Ribs evenly with all the dry ingredients
2. Place all wet ingredients into a slow cooker including garlic
3. Add seasoned ribs and mix well with the sauce until evenly coated
4. Cook for 4 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low
5. Turn ribs every couple of hours for even cooking
6. Once cooked transfer the meat to a chopping board and cut into individual ribs.
7. Use leftover gravy as a sauce
8. Sauce can be reduced to become more sticky and gooey.