This month we’re celebrating the Earth and Nature’s great abundance in providing everything we need. Our desert salt comes from the Kalahari where it’s harvested from deep underground streams flowing through ancient Dwyka rock formations, millions of years old. It’s then naturally sun-dried, nothing added, nothing removed, just as Nature created it.
Which is why we love this simple yet festive vegan earth-food recipe from our favourite kitchen diva, Izelle Hoffman.
Succulent, juicy corn on the cob, roasted in the oven – it’s just about a meal on its own!
Prep time 10min
Cooking time 40-45min
6-7 medium corn on the cob
For the Basting Sauce:
- 1 tsp Oryx Desert Salt
- 1/2 tsp Oryx Desert Ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey if you’re not strictly vegan
- 1 tbsp vegan mayo (optional)
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes or harissa spice
- 1 heaped tbsp almond flour
Garnish with fresh parsley and slices of mini-red peppers
- Preheat oven to 200’C
- Prepare a baking tray with non-stick spray and place the corn on the tray. Mix all of the basting sauce ingredients together and baste the top-side of each cob, sprinkle with almond flour and roast in the oven for 15-20min (the almond flour helps the basting sauce stay on the cob and not drip down onto the tray).
- After 20min, remove from the oven, turn around to baste the other side of each cob, sprinkle with almond flour and grill for another 15-20min.
Final Garnish with fresh parsley