In just over 30 minutes you can have dinner done! Here’s Izelle’s super-simple yet tasty dish bursting with wholesome flavours.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 700g Pumpkin Tagliatelle (2 x 350g)
- 5ml Olive Oil
- 1kg Extra lean mince
- 200g spinach (I prefer baby spinach but swiss chard can also be used)
- Oryx Desert Salt and Oryx Black Pepper
- 200g Rosa Tomatoes
- 75g Salad Onions (Red or White)
- 1 tin Tomato and Herb mix
- 1 large red pepper
- 80g sundried tomatoes
- 2t mixed herbs
- 3t paprika
- 2 table spoons of honey
- 2 table spoons of tamari sauce (matured soya sauce)
- fresh herbs and pumpkin seeds for garnish
- Cut salad Onions into small rings and fry in some of olive oil.
- Add mince to the salad onions, cook till brown and season with salt and black pepper
- Add the spinach to the mince and allow to cook.
- Cut Rosa tomatoes in halves
- Cut red pepper into small pieces
- Add the tin of tomato and herb mix with the rosa tomatoes, peppers and sundried tomatoes to the mince
- Add the mixed herbs, paprika, honey and tamari sauce and allow to simmer for 10-15min.
To prepare the pumpkin tagliatelle
- Cook the tagliatelle as per the instructions on the package.
- Dish up and garnish with fresh herbs and pumpkin seeds.