Many people believe salt is not healthy for dogs. But like humans, a certain amount of salt is actually needed in a dog’s body. Salt is included in almost all manufactured pet food for this reason.
So why not treat your dog with a perfect homemade treat? This treat is not meant for wheat intolerant dogs, use wheat free substitutes if needed.
1 cup Champagne Valley stoneground cake flour
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup peanut butter, crunchy
2 whole eggs
Pinch of Oryx Desert Salt
2 -4 Tablespoons full cream milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
2. In a bowl mix together all ingredients except the full cream milk
3. Add the milk a teaspoon at a time until the dough comes together
4. Roll the dough out into desired thickness and use cookie cutters depending on the shape you would like to create (dog bones, dog paws etc)
5. On a tray with grease proof paper place cut-out cookies
6. Cook until slightly brown at the bottom, about 12 minutes
Store biscuits in an airtight container and let your dogs enjoy an occasional tasty treat.