Our awesome team from the Sense of Taste School Chef Peter and Chef Byron – have come
up with this simple yet amazing tomato salad. It’s fresh, wholesome, easy to make –
simplicity at its best. All you need to do is just add salt. We think it is perfect company for a
braai or a grilled chicken breast.
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 large red onion finely chopped
- 3 x large tomatoes cut into wedges (if available, we love to use Israeli tomatoes for this recipe)
- 1 x punnet of Italian tomatoes cut in half
- 1 x punnet of baby cherry tomatoes – kept whole
- 1 x small red chilli finely chopped if you don’t have ¾ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 cup of fresh coriander finely chopped plus a good handful of fresh coriander roughly chopped for garnishing
- ½ cup of Morgenster Lemon infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil (we love Morgenster – and it is local)
- ½ English Cucumber – chopped – bite size piece
- 100g roasted salted peanuts roughly chopped
- And Simply ADD ORYX DESERT SALT
- Place the onions, tomatoes, chilli, cucumber and coriander into a bowl and pour over Olive Oil – and JUST ADD ORYX DESERT SALT
- Mix gently so that everything nicely mixed.
- Season generously with ORYX DESERT SALT and ORYX DESERT PEPPER
- Stir so that everything is mixed and coated with Lemon infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Cover and allow to stand for 10 to 15 min at room temperature
- Before serving mix again – sprinkle with the chopped peanuts and coriander