Soft, buttery roasted Butternut stuffed with a rich, savoury stuffing and topped with crispy crunchy corn flakes – the combination of tastes, flavours and textures is just heavenly!
- 2 (1.5kg) Butternut
- 50gr Sundried Tomatoes
- 30gr Capers
- 2slices White Bread, broken into small pieces
- 33gr Olive, de-pitted
- 50gr Onions, chopped
- 2 Whole Eggs, lightly whisked
- 135gr Butternut Puree
- 120gr Feta
- ORYX Salt
- ORYX Black Pepper
- 12gr Cornflakes
- 50gr Salted Butter
- Slice the butternut and half. Remove the inside seeds. Place the butternut into a pot with water and bring to the boil, cook for about 30-45 minutes until the butternut is tender.
- Remove some butternut puree from the butternut when cooked, set aside (this will be used in the stuffing), to make almost a channel for as much stuffing to sit within the butternut.
- Mix up the tomatoes, capers, bread, olives, onions, eggs, butternut puree and feta all together. Season well. Place this into the “channel”.
- Top with the cornflakes and blobs of butter.
- Place onto a tray, cover with tin-foil and roast in the Weber, for about 45 minutes, turning your tray around halfway.
- Remove the foil, and roast for a further 15 minutes to get golden and crispy on top.